Thursday, February 19, 2015

16. Go Belly Dancing

When I asked my friends and family to submit challenges, I warned them to be careful what they wished for, because for outrageous challenges I would force ask them to accompany me.  And so it goes, my fun-loving Aunt Patsy challenged me to go belly dancing...and she happened to find a local belly dancing school that gives lessons  (The Belly Dance School of Richmond found here: http://www.richmondbellydance.com/). 

We decided to have our lesson the Saturday after Christmas to let all of the females in our family join in on the fun.  For some reason, the men did not want to join us...

Our instructor was Ivy. She gave us a quick demonstration of a few traditional dances:


Then she brought on the lessons. We danced to a few songs as a group and then she had every one take turns dancing with me. I quickly learned that the women in my family have some hip shaking skills. I promised that videos would not be allowed...which is probably a good thing...



 
 













NB: Nan is actually a professional; she had some experience in her younger days. She proved those days are not far off.
 

Warning: This is my sister Jenny...she has some crazy good skills. Her hips don't lie.


 


 
 All-in-all we had an amazing time, got a great work-out, started a new family tradition, and made some great memories!

Okay, so not EVERYONE had a good time...


1 comment:

  1. So much fun and I hope we DO make it a family tradition! I loved sharing one of your 30 for 30 challenges with you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete